Phoenix Oyster Mushrooms
Pleurotus Pulmonarius 500g tray
Phoenix oyster mushrooms caps are smaller and paler in colour than regular mushroom oyster caps, trending toward white. The Phoenix often grows a longer stem than other varieties of oyster mushrooms.
In studies, these mushrooms have displayed properties that may halt the progression of diabetes, slow the proliferation of some cancer cells, and disrupt tumour cell adherence. We have had our mushrooms tested for their Vitamin D2 levels with a result of 185IU per 100g
Phoenix oyster mushrooms have a delicate, nutty flavour with a velvety texture that some describe as "meaty."
Phoenix Oyster Mushrooms should be cooked to develop their flavour, but only very briefly. Store them in a paper bag in the refrigerator but eat them quickly.
Ways to Enjoy
- Pan fry them for about the same amount of time as scrambled eggs
- Use as a topping for pizzas, casseroles, and terrines
- Add them to your favorite spaghetti sauce
- They can also be eaten raw in salads or as garnishes
- Sauté with garlic and onions
Our fresh mushrooms are shipped over night with wool cloths and ice packs - extra packaging is included in the price