Phoenix Oyster Mushrooms
Pleurotus Pulmonarius 500g tray
Phoenix oyster mushrooms caps are smaller and paler in colour than regular mushroom oyster caps, trending toward white. The Phoenix often grows a longer stem than other varieties of oyster mushrooms.
In studies, these mushrooms have displayed properties that may halt the progression of diabetes, slow the proliferation of some cancer cells, and disrupt tumour cell adherence.
Phoenix oyster mushrooms have a delicate, nutty flavour with a velvety texture that some describe as "meaty."
Phoenix Oyster Mushrooms should be cooked to develop their flavour, but only very briefly. Store them in a paper bag in the refrigerator but eat them quickly.
Ways to Enjoy
- Pan fry them for about the same amount of time as scrambled eggs
- Use as a topping for pizzas, casseroles, and terrines
- Add them to your favorite spaghetti sauce
- They can also be eaten raw in salads or as garnishes
- Sauté with garlic and onions
Product Code: xW7YWHT
Product Condition: New